With spring right around the corner, it’s time to chat spring trends! Right off the runways from designers like Thakoon, Victoria Beckham, Phillip Lim and more, here are five looks that you can take to the office (or to happy hour) that’ll keep you fashion forward.
1. Victorian everything – Think romantic florals, ruffles, puffy sleeves and high collars. An easy way to try out this trend, and keep it office appropriate, is to don a floral blouse underneath a blazer. If you’re feeling a little more daring, pick a blouse with an exaggerated ruffled collar.
2. Flat mules – These are so easy to dress up or down and, bonus, oh so comfortable! With so many styles from studded, tasseled, patterned, etc.… there’s bound to be a look that you love and can work into your existing wardrobe. This is one shoe that you can walk in all day!
3. Paper bag waists – From skirts to the perfect pair of pants, a paper bag waist just screams instant fashion. It might seem a little intimidating at first but this is definitely a look that any body type can wear. To keep your look in proportion, opt for a top that’s slightly more fitted to offset the more roomy bottoms.
4. Supersized plaid – This is the opposite of sweet gingham. You may not think plaid for spring but these jumbo plaid prints in lightweight fabrics will change your mind. Jumpsuits, tops, skirts; there’s no limit to how to wear this.
5. White shirt redux – Take your basic white button-down and give it a whole new twist! Try the crisp look in a shirt-dress or an off the shoulder style. If you feel like going a bit bolder, opt for a plunging neckline. Take these spring trends and find a way to make them your own. Which one will you be trying?
By Christina Coker